Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

system idle process

966 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dan O 
#1 ·
i have a question about my task manger. my system idle process is running at 94% of my cpu and slowing down my computer. when i come back and my screensaver is on just the ones that come with xp nothing fancy my moniter settings pop up asking to be reset? any suggestings? and why would my system idle process run so high i just did a scan for viruses i'm clean!

#4 ·
Try a different screen saver or none at all. I never run a screen saver anymore myself, as with Modern Computers you don't suffer from the problem of images burning into the monitor.

In the old days, the monitors used a phosphersent material in the displays and if an image sat too long in one place, it could damage the monitor. Newer technology has eliminated this problem.

I personally prefer a nice background with the icons arranged around the edges.

Attachments

#5 ·
I have read what Brooks is saying, but I still see many PCs with a burn image on a monitor. Espeically on NT servers that we don't use a screensaver.

I personally use the Power Saving option which saves the screen and electricity. But nothing is perfect as sometimes you can have a problem with it as well.

The screen problem can be caused by using an older display, mouse, and/or audio adapter driver. I recommend you check the vendor's website for updated drivers. Also try using a very simple screensaver, such as blank screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.