Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

System idle process

15K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  Frank4d 
#1 ·
Alright well im not sure its a problem but its bothering me so i though i would come here and check it out.

I ALT+CTRL+DEL to bring up my processes and i noticed at the bottom of that window that SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS is taking up 80-99% so i watch it for awhile and it doesnt go down at all, the lowest i seen it was 77%.

Now i have about 30-40 things running in the Background not a problem for my computer. I have 2 Gigs of RAM should be more then enough. but this process is really slowing me down.

What is going on?

-Thanks

#7 ·
will im sorry for my first post. but i took a screenshot.
hopefully it will clear things up a bit.

this 80-90% CPU usage is really killing me, i feel it hardcore. i just formatted and installed everything again, i had no problems before. the only thing i can think of is that i pathed my UXTHEME.DLL so i can use visual styles without having a program. If nothing concludes from this i will try to re-patch it and see how that is.

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7999/cpusagebq2.jpg

#22 ·
ok bottom line.

Its being sluggish due to CPU usage as i have been saying.
and i searched around these forums came arcoss that Process Explorer and it is showing the the system idle is fine, but that "hardware interrupt" is very high in usage.

So i want a solution to elimate the uneeded usage.

this just happened i believe today. all i did today was install a TV tuner card.

#24 ·
If you click the header "Processes" in Proexp it will switch to a "tree" view. In that view you will see that "interrupts" are part of System Idle Process and are a normal part of the operation. The screenshots you have provided do not show either excessive use of the processor or abnormal CPU levels for any particular process. If you are experiencing a problem, please describe the problem in detail without jumping to conclusions about the cause. Once we understand what the problem really is (how it presents), we will likely be able to provide help towards its resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.