1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Image back up question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Reboot Camper, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Reboot Camper

Reboot Camper Thread Starter

Hello people,

When trying to create Image Disc and Repair disc on Windows 7 backup menu I recieve the message:

System repair disc could not be created. The media's speed is incompatible with the device. This may be caused by using higher or lower speed media than the range of speeds supported by the device (0xC0AA020F)

The discs I am using are

1. Verbatime DVD- R DL for DATA 8.5 GB 8x

and to make a Repair disc I'm using

2. Verbatim CD - R 700MB 48x

I also use I tunes for importing an occasional music CD. Would I need to uninstall or disable I tunes?

Thanks in advance for any light you can throw on this topic,

Reboot Camper

2. Sponsor

3. plodr

plodr Liz

Just to clarify:
    You are following these steps
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...m-problems-creating-windows-7-repair-disk.htm
    and when you click Create disc, you get an error?

I found two things to do if you are using WMP to do the burn:
    check the option apply volume leveling across tracks
    on more burn options uncheck use media information to arrange files in folders on the disc.

You might also try a different burning program. I use ImgBurn.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. Reboot Camper

Thank you very much

I'll now go through the above guides. There are no tracks since I am trying to back up data. I am not using Windows Media Player. I am using the automated back up tools provided. Windows should allow me to make system image and repair discs without having to but third party software. But I will check the recommendation you provide and see if can do anything if all else is lost.

5. plodr

plodr Liz

I do not use the Windows backup tools. There are better FREE tools out there that you can use.

Perhaps someone who uses a free imaging tool will chime in. (I use a paid program so I'll keep quiet).

6. managed

managed Allan Trusted Advisor

Reboot Camper likes this.
  7. Reboot Camper

I thank you a lot, guys as I know how busy you are. I will follow up the freeware tools but I in my experience when I used a free download I also got a redirect malware which almost completely screwed up everything. However, you are the trusted experts I know.

8. Reboot Camper

And that is one of the reasons I never majored in computer science. Just hate the lack of humanity in the IT world.

9. managed

managed Allan Trusted Advisor

The link in my post #5 is safe, it goes to the software maker's website.

Always go to the maker's website to download software and if any other software is offered, like browser search bars etc, check them out and refuse them if you don't want them.

10. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

11. kenbok51

kenbok51

A tip on avoiding hidden ride along toolbars you find in freeware, is to ignore the "Express Install" (recommended) and using "Custom Install" instead. The Express Install is usually where you end up with the hidden extras being installed as well. The manufacturers site is always the best place to get software, but there are a few safe places that usually link to the manufacturers site as well as their own. Major Geeks, Filehippo (great if you need older versions for some reason), SourceForge.net (open source software) and videohelp.com for making movies and such. Avoid anyplace that requires you to sign up and those that pay to jump to the top of the search list like Softonic and Download.Cnet.
    When using Windows to do your back up look for the write speed setting and use x16 for CD's or x4 for DVD's it sounds like Windows or you are choosing a speed that either the disc or Optical drive doesn't support.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. Bailifeifei

Bailifeifei

i think for personal use , no need to use third party software . the free windows is ok . :LOL: . but if you want a nice System Image backup then you can use 3rd party software. like EaseUS and Acronis

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185843