1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Info

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by padutch, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Hi All,
    In System Information I was looking around and noticed that my Primary Ide Controler is disabled. I don't know if this is a problem at all but would like some imput.

Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    hdc
    This Device Has a Problem: Code=29 (0x1D) and it goes on to say that it has been disabled .
    So if this is a problem how do i fix it?
    DUTCH

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=59745&goto=newpost
    From Microsoft

Quote:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Code 29
    This device is disabled because the BIOS for the device did not give it any resources. (Code 29)

You must enable the device in the BIOS. See your hardware documentation for details, or contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS.

Solution button: None

This code means that the device has been disabled because the device does not work properly and cannot be made to work properly with Windows. This code may also be present if the device is intentionally disabled in the BIOS.

You may be able to resolve this error code by enabling or disabling the device in the computer's CMOS settings. Windows cannot override this setting. Please contact the computer's manufacturer for assistance with using the computer's CMOS configuration program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice