System Info

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

padutch

Hi All,
In System Information I was looking around and noticed that my Primary Ide Controler is disabled. I don't know if this is a problem at all but would like some imput.

Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
hdc
This Device Has a Problem: Code=29 (0x1D) and it goes on to say that it has been disabled .
So if this is a problem how do i fix it?
DUTCH

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=59745&goto=newpost
From Microsoft

Quote:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Code 29
This device is disabled because the BIOS for the device did not give it any resources. (Code 29)

You must enable the device in the BIOS. See your hardware documentation for details, or contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS.

Solution button: None

This code means that the device has been disabled because the device does not work properly and cannot be made to work properly with Windows. This code may also be present if the device is intentionally disabled in the BIOS.

You may be able to resolve this error code by enabling or disabling the device in the computer's CMOS settings. Windows cannot override this setting. Please contact the computer's manufacturer for assistance with using the computer's CMOS configuration program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online