1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System is being generally slow.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cronnix, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cronnix

Cronnix Thread Starter

Hey everyone! I've got a problem and I dont quite know what the cause may be, or how to attempt to locate it. Issue is that system is being generally slow in almost everything.

Firefox freezes/hangs up(specially when finishing downloading files), file explorer takes up to a min sometimes to open a folder, right click menu takes time to popup, start menu takes several seconds to come up, it takes several minutes to shutdown PC, ect..

Programs I run, such as audio editing, games, ect often hangs up aswell. I run microsoft antivrius, which is far from best, yet it showed PC as clean.. What may cause this issue?

I am using Windows7 64bit, Nvidia gtx260 card, 4gb ram, and i5. The hdd the system is on is several years old, about 3-4. Im using Microsoft security essential as antivirus, together with ad-aware.

Thanks for any tips!

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

How many items have you got running on start-up ? Have you changed any files or settings recently or has the system been slow since the start ?

3. Cronnix

Cronnix Thread Starter

I've got approx 70 tasks running in the task manager, both system and mine ones. As for changes, no, I cant recall any special change recently that may caused the problem, it kinda appeared without me noticing it at first.

4. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice