1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System is freezing, restarting, blue-screening, freezing with strange pattern

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by diggyd, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggyd

diggyd Thread Starter

Hi all,

Have been having some frustrating issues with my system recently. It all started when my system started freezing with strange patterns showing up on the monitor. I thought it must have been my video card and took it back to the computer shop to test it. They agreed the video card was faulty and sent it off for warranty. In the mean time I purchased a new low-end card and the system worked fine for about a week.

I then started to get the same issues again. I returned the system again and was told there was nothing wrong with this card. They spun some crap about the card not being powerful enough to run photoshop (which is where I spend most of my time) and convinced me to upgrade to a higher-end card, which I did.

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem and I continued to have problems. I returned the system yet again for a week or so. They tested it (with their HD and fresh install of vista) and said they didnt have any problems.

I picked the system up and used it without problems for around a week or so when the problems started to occur yet again. At the moment the system is freezing, freezing with a strange pattern on the screen (see attached jpgs) (looping audio), restarting, blue-screening (ecache.sys, IRQL not less or equal to, etc). It freezes during vista loading but sometimes makes it to the main OS environment.

I've tried reinstalling vista on a different drive and get exactly the same problems. It freezes and restarts during vista setup so I can't actually do a complete reinstall.

So here's what I've tried so far to recap:

Replaced video card 2 times
    I have 2 sticks of 2gb RAM, I've tried running these individually in all slots
    Have tried running system with bare minimum
    Tried reinstalling Vista

If anyone could suggest anything else to try I would be most appreciative. If I've left out any info please let me know and I'll be more than happy to post it.

Diggyd

Attached Files:

2. bazza6109

bazza6109

Hi I,m Baz a new member here! i have a similar problem same blue screeen so i don't know if the people who will help you can also help me at the same time or do i need to start a new thread somewhere else!
    some please get in touch to help us both! cheers Baz good luck mate!

3. guanako

guanako

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!