1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Locks 5-10 secs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Awulf, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Awulf

Awulf Thread Starter

I have a computer (XP Pro, 256 MB Ram, 900mhz cpu, 30 gb hdd w/plenty of room left on it) that locks up on the screen for about 5-10 seconds once every 1-2 minutes.

I have cleared out the cache files, temp files and cookies with no positive results. I also turned off all excess background programs through MSCONFIG with no change there either.

The Task manager does not show anything using excessive processing time.

I removed the ir mouse and swapped the ram to the other slot which with each one seemed to fix the problem for about 10 minutes then the issue would come back again.

I am to the point of pounding my head on the wall (or any other convenient hard surface) now.

I am wondering if it might not be a motherboard issue or if I am over looking something obvious.

Has anyone else run across this sort of issue in the past and if so what did you do to fix the problem?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanx

Awulf

2. mobo

mobo

Try posting a Hijackthis log for a look at. Unzip it , do a scan save and post that log here.

3. Awulf

Awulf Thread Starter

Thanx - will post the results later as I don't have the computer handy at the moment.

Awulf

4. mobo

mobo

Anytime you can is ok. Someone will analyze it..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice