System logs are corrupt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tpeac

The application logs are present and working but the system logs have been blank since Monday 10 Jan. message reads "The event log file is corrupt". How do I get this to work again?

tpeac

Thank you lunarlander for your reply, I'm sorry I did not explain it very well - here is a copy and paste effort, I hope.

Attachments

tpeac

I took a print of the technet solution and re-reading it this morning the penny dropped, everything has "properties" so decided to see if that was true and this is how it looks - your reply prompted me to look again at what I had found so tried the restore default - clicked on first date and restore default - apply - No change. Next - last date - restore default - apply - no change.

Attachments

I don't know why your screen shot shows the Clear Log button greyed out. Did you right click on the System Folder ?

tpeac

Thank you Lunarlander, I guess I must have - then this would be the reason why the thumbnail in #3 showed a blank page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online