system logs - service control manager errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

armly

I just keep getting these, is this because Window auto updates are turned off.

Could this be shutting Windows down while in use?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date: 4/8/2008
Time: 8:52:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: N/A
Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

added - made request for move to networking forum

jimr381

Jim
I might recommend that you try having this moved to the networking forum and see if you get bites there. Click on the little exclamation point at the top of the post and then ask them to move the post for you.

armly

Actually windows updates are turned on.

Am still getting these error messages.

I've heard this 'Event ID: 7001' can be someone trying to use my pc to dial out.

I don't even use telephony. How could I check on this?

armly

Looking in to this further, I see where the cause of this could be anything from telephony attempts thru my pc by other users, to IE 7 bugs, to drivers such as with my hp printer.

The error really doesn't tell much of anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online