1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System memory check??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 18c, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 18c

18c Thread Starter

I have 2 questions.. first i am suppossed to have pc 3200 in my system.. and corect me if im wrong but isnt pc 3200 400 mhz? when i run AIDA program it tells me i have PC 3200 200mhz ddr sdram.. what is that..

the second question is my most important.. i have 2 sticks of ram in my computer.. 2 256MB pc 3200 DDR ram .. my computer has realy slowed down abit and i was told i may have a vbad stick of RAM, how can i check my memory to see if one of them is bad?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    DDR stands for Double Data Rate. It has a real clock half that of the effective clock. Hence PC3200 has a real clock of 200 Mhz and an effectice clock of 400Mhz since it does twice the work in one clock cycle.

To test your memory you can run a variety of tests; I like Microsoft's tester: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    Save it to your hard drive then run it to make a bootable test diskette.

3. 18c

18c Thread Starter

thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice