System Memory wrong display ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toti

HI guys its me again :p

Now I get a very weird situation , I upgrade my memory to 2 gigs.One stick of 1 GB. in each slot ( KVR400X64CA/1G ) Kingston I cheked in the booklet if this model was supported by my Motherboard and yes it say Yes, my MOBO its a ASUS P5RD1-VM supports 2 Gb , but when I press "my computer" to see if the change was made it just shows 1.49 GB of RAM ??!! :eek: I push pretty well the sticks onto the DIMM sockets , and checked that the retaining clips are holding Lock the DIMM , I align the DIMM correctly on the notch , but my System its showing the old configuartion , now its supposed to be 2 GB !! I went checked to BIOS and YES its showing that 1528 Mb :confused:

What Im doing wrong guys :eek:

Toti

Toti

I did a search in the forums but I dont find yet somthing similar , to fix this :(

do I need to flash my BIOS ? or update my Bios? using the flash utility >? or is something more simple that is scaping from my eyes , pls. forgive my ignorance :eek:
meanwhile Im going to open again my comp. and double check if those dimm a perfectly placed into the sockets.

I even search here and yes its compatible her link:

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...1-VM+Motherboard&distributor=0&submit1=Search

they say in the forums of Kingston that if dont show the total ammount of mem.ram installed you have to update
Bios . but how ?? i dont see a option in the Bios ? I'll chek into it .
Toti :eek:

Toti

Hi Naliana ,yes I got e-GeForce 7900 GTX 512 MB .

I mean, an on-board shared memory thing, like does your vid card use your system ram?

Get a great look at the P5RD1-VM motherboard while you can, because once it's in your system you'll wonder how this crucial component can work so fast. It provides outstanding integrated graphics performance, PCI-Express VGA when you're ready for an upgrade, 1066 FSB, and it even takes in a Pentium Processor Extreme Edition CPU. Intel's Pentium 4 is one of the fastest processors on the market, and since it's paired with the RADEON X300 graphics processing unit which supports DirectX 9 only the finest quality of 3D and 2D images and video will be produced. With next generation technology such as PCI Express and Serial ATA being used, awesome 3D gaming and a fast connection are guaranteed.

Features

* Form Factor: Micro ATX
* Processor: LGA775 Socket
* Memory: 0 MB Installed, 2 GB Max
* Chipset Type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 / ALi M1573
* Max Bus Speed: 1066 MHz

* Storage Controller: ATA-133, Serial ATA-150 (RAID)
* Graphics Controller: ATI RADEON X300
* Audio Output: Ali M1573
* Networking: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
list of features from This random site

Toti

Sorry Naliana u are confusing me all :p on board u mean in the motherboard , right ? no the video chip onboard is disable , I install a new Nvidia video card , now........ what exactly is what you are trying to explain ? that maybe the video card is interfiring with the RAM? :confused:

I think thers's no need to go to BIOS to check if the onboard is disable , I can check from Device manager , in dispaly adapters and I check if there was any conflict in the bus of this , and there's none , all look OKidoki , that's why Im totally ???:( ???

Im going to run Belarc looks a interesting soft. Thanks!! and install that Monster again LOL . lets see what happens.

Toti :confused:

I mean, some motherboards (i think yours is one) have a video card on them. a neat trick is, instead of adding Video Ram, the mobo manufacturer makes it share your actual RAM.

Downside to this, is the RAM is unavailable for windows to use.

There should be a setting in the BIOS (press f8 as the PC is booting) to disable that.

Be careful not to adjust anything else, if you aren't comfortable doing that, get a PC savvy friend to.

Toti

Thisis the result of the scan of the soft .

1528 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 1024 MB (serial number SerNum0)
Slot 'DIMM1' has 1024 MB

I can reach my Bios by ALT :) ok Naliana so u say to adjust were the BIOS under wich tab?

Thanks

Toti :)

Toti

The page you requested can not be found
» HP.com

» Thin clients
» HP-Peregrine Integration Portal

Some older pages and documents may no longer be available.

• If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.
• If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link.
• Try using your browser's "back" button, the "return to previous page" link below or click on one of the site links listed in the left hand navigation.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

» Return to the previouse page

??? canot open ur LINK.

Toti

ok by the way F8 is to go to open safe mode , at least for me Nalianna :)
Now i was in my BIOS , u say I can adjust or disable the onboard right ?, ok here :

In my Advance / chipset we find :
Southbridge conf.
Onboard Lan ( Enabled )
Onboard Lan Boot( Disabled)

this too Serial Ata ont.
Azalia Controller bot ( enabled )

in the same tab we find too :

Notrhbridge conf. that contains :
Adapter Priorites / Boot erase/
Video Display devices(auto) and
TVStandard(NTSC)

under ON board Devices Configuration we find :
the port adresses , that I dont think is here .

So my question is were did u say I can adjust my Bios to adjust the Ram? or the onboard chip ?? the onboard Lan ??? this have to be disable :confused:

Toti :eek:

Toti

OK that Article is interesting but it talks about Accesing more than 4 gb of Ram !! in windows , Im just a poor girl trying to instal just 2 , and it says that Windows Xp can doit , so Im now more confused ?? IM not getting anywere :( ,
s.o.s.

Toti

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online