1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System not booting up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nightfyre, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nightfyre

Nightfyre Thread Starter

Ok, an old system of mine has had a steadily more common problem, which is now really getting on my nerves. If I turn the system off by any means, it won't boot back up again unless left turned off for about 20 hours. I used to be able to pull the plug, press the power button, insert the plug, then it would work again (When the problem was smaller), but now it rarely will turn on.

It DOES turn on, but nothing appears on the monitor, and there are no BIOS beeps at all (No errors, no single beeps to show everythings ok). *sighs* Anyone have a solution?

750mHz Athlon
    312mb RAM
    GeForce3 Ti200 (Doubt this has anything to do with it)
    And an old VIA motherboard, not sure of the make/model though.

2. zeddy

zeddy

Check the motherboard for blown capacitors, look at the capacitors and see if any are bulging or if there is any brown residue at the base of them.

3. dai

dai

check out the power supply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!