system not found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tre01

aruak black
hi guys im new to this forum and i have an issue that ive been trying to solve for the last 4 days. I decided to add a new harddrive to my already kinda old computer. i run windows 2000 pro. problem is now that i installed the new hdd im getting the system not found message which is alot better then nothing at all. ive tried to reboot off the cd and still get the message. ive tried to reformat to get the os back and still get the message. the bios is reading the cdrom as my first boot which isnt a problem and everything else seems to be in order. i cant figure out what else to do. can someone help me please? also ive tried putting back the old hdd with my system on it (maybe its lost for good now) and i still get that message. thanks all :)

Check the jumper settings on the back of the hard drive. You only have one hard drive right?

tre01

well i started out with 2 hdds and decided to make the one (the smaller one) for my system. the larger one would be for whatever else. the jumpers on the back on the hdd is set to slave and the cdrom is set to master. a friend of mine (tec support) told me to try to set them to cable select which i havent tried yet. right now theyre set to master and slave.

tre01

heinz57 said:
Check the jumper settings on the back of the hard drive. You only have one hard drive right?
hey i just wanted you to know that at this moment my computer is reformatting which it wouldnt do before and it seems to be doing what its suppose to do. i changed the jumpers to cable select and its working. thank you so much for the input i thank you so much. im still learning alot and plan to learn more from this site. thanks again Tre

Cable select is good, I believe you had em backwards. Primary Hdd should always be master if it is not cable select.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online