System powers off during boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dagonpaul

Hey guys, got a problem, need some help.

My Dell PC has been shutting itself off during Windows Start Up.

This started happening a few weeks ago, windows and my start up applications would start loading, then all of a sudden it would shut down. Someone told me it could be one of a few things... fan problems and processor heating up and shutting down, RAM problems, powersupply, etc. So we played around. I had two RAM sticks in, one the original and one newer. When we took out the original the system worked normally. So i ran it for a couple weeks with one stick in with no problems. Just last night the same thing started happening. Windows would boot then while start ups were loading it would just shut down. I took out the remaining RAM and had it checked at a Comp USA. They said it tested 100% ok. So it doesnt seem like there is a problem with the memory.

Could this be the hardware (motherboard) related to memory? Or something completely different that we somehow mended the first time by removing the old memory stick??

Another piece to the puzzle is that both times this started happening were right after the computer had been moved from house to apartment... Could the problem be something was jiggled loose? It seems if that were the case it wouldnt boot up at all...

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. I am a graphic designer and have no system to work on now!

Thanks
Paul

dagonpaul, My guess would be to check for bloated capacitors. if none are found I would try a new PSU (power supply).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online