1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Protection

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moeslock, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    I was looking around in system properties and under system protection, device updates the top box was checked, I changed it to what it is now and want to make sure this is ok.

DeviceDriver.jpg

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's far better than just "OK" when you have the system running satisfactorily. :) It's the only way to avoid the nasty surprises when Windows "updates" to incorrect drivers.

3. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    Thank you Terry, that's what I thought, I'm glad I stumbled upon that setting.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) Most of us find that setting only after experiencing a driver mishap. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice