System Reboot Loop. Won't load OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elgeektech

My system will not load OS. The following are the only 3 things the system will perform.

1. E machine logo splash
2. Winxp screen 3 bars only
3. Blank screen for a few seconds then it flickers and reboots.

Some of the things I have tried…

CHKDSK /r at the repair console
Tried a different video card.

Does anybody know of what else I could try.

System Specs:

Emachine T2984/WinXP home
Celoron D 2.93GHz
/80GB/CD-RW/512MB

Thanks

Have you tried entering the boot menu and tried Last Known Good and Safe Mode?

To access it power on the PC and depress F8 after the hardware is listed.

elgeektech

Dan, I forgot to mentioned that I had already tried safe mode and last known good with no success. The system continues the shutdown loop. Some of the other things that I have tried are removing and reseating ram and CMos battery.

Frank4d, I did notice that the cpu and PSU fan running. I didn't notice any funny smells out of the box other than my own :D .

elgeektech

Can some one please help me out. Did I post problem in the wrong forum? Your assistance will greatly be appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online