1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system recovery help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fredd478, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fredd478

fredd478 Thread Starter

hello im trying to do a system recovery on my computer since im giving it to my brother throught he f10 prompt and i keep getting this error
    inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14 set up cant continue
    any help would be appreciated thanks

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

are you going through the recovery console from the CD?

And why are you recovering the system if your giving it away? Wouldn't it be better to do a fresh install.

3. fredd478

fredd478 Thread Starter

im doing a recovery from the f10 prompt when you restart your computer. also doing the recovery from f10 would be recovering from purchase date isnt that right. also i have no cds from windows xp to do a fresh install

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

What brand and model is the pc?

5. fredd478

fredd478 Thread Starter

compaq pesario

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Presario? There should be a model number there too, like a 4100 if we could get that.

7. fredd478

fredd478 Thread Starter

s3200nx is the model number

8. fredd478

fredd478 Thread Starter

9. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    did your compaq presario come with a restore disc? the reason im asking is i just retired an old compaq presario 5070 running windows 98. the only disk it came with was a red restore disk that had everything in it to completely restore the computer back to factory new it would restore windows 98 and other programs that came preinstalled with the computer at the time. i would hope that your computer came with something so that you can restore it back to brand new. let us know what happens.

10. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    this might sound like a dumb suggestion but if you are able to get on another computer go to the hp website type in your model number and go to the support info it will tell you how to reinstall without a restore disk if you dont have one or you can order one from them if thats what it will take. it gives all kinds of help like drivers ,troubleshooting, etc. it was very helpful to me when i was still using my old computer. i looked up the info on your model and yours seems to be fairly new as it has windows xp. mine was a 12 year old + dinosaur running windows 98 and for me it was time to retire the old thing and go to windows xp which for me is a lot more fun. good luck. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice