1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System recovery on Advent 7038

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jonven, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonven

jonven Thread Starter

I have had this Advent 7038 since January 2006 and use it quite successfully for about 3 years. It filled up with various programmes and files and slowed down to the point of being very frustrating so I bought another laptop wih a better spec. I now would like to use the Advent for one specific purpose and used the supplied system recovery disc to wipe the hard drive so I could start afresh. Having run the disc I now am at the black screen showing:- "NTLDR is compressed Press ctrl+alt+del to continue".
    This takes me on a never ending loop and try as I may I cannot get out of it. I have tried all manner of combinations of ctrl+ or alt+ other keys to no avail. Does anyone out there have experience of this Advent model with Windows XP Home Edition. The only recovery disc I have is the one that came with the laptop (one disc only). The instruction book aludes to there being two discs but I have only the Advent System Recovery Disc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice