1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system resources problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hugo11, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hugo11

hugo11 Thread Starter

every time i connect to the INTERNET my system resources drop from 90% to 59% i already deleted temporary INTERNET files clear history did spy-bot check virus scan and nothing. i have windows 98, msn 8 INTERNET connection, INTERNET explorer 5 6.0 i had my connection for almost 8 month and this is the first time this happened thank you

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Hi and welcome.

Try running repair option (sometimes works) for ie. I'm confused which version. I always had better results when on 98 with v 5.5. as v6 could give probs.

3. Tech_Guy_Bob

Tech_Guy_Bob

tell me something hugo11 have you downloaded anything recently? because something require the internet to work that works in the background of your PC

4. Tech_Guy_Bob

Tech_Guy_Bob

sorry for they way my sentences compiled i just woke up :eek:

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Hugo:

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). How many items are listed there and how many of them are checked? Having a bloated startup load is the primary cause of low system resources. By trimming down your startup load, your computer will reap the benefit of more system resources, a shorter startup time, and better performance. Click the link below and read the article, "MSCONFIG - Reduce Your Startup Load".

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice