1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system ressources low

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by loulou, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loulou

loulou Thread Starter

hi again, help lol
    I restarted my windows because i was getting errors saying system ressources were low.
    I am running the windows millenium by the way.
    So i restarted windows and didn't put any thing on my disk except the windows programm and a couple of bingo sites and i'm still getting the error.
    I have 128 memory on my pc so this should not be happening. Do you think maybe i have a virus of some sort that is robbing my machin from the ressources??

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Please post your startup items:

start, run, msinfo32 and press ok....go to software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

3. loulou

loulou Thread Starter

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    CountrySelection pctptt.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    CPQEASYACC c:\program files\compaq\easy access button support\cpqeadm.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    CPQInet c:\compaq\cpqinet\cpqinet.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Digital Dashboard c:\program files\compaq\digital dashboard\devgulp.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    EACLEAN c:\program files\compaq\easy access button support\eaclean.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Hidserv hidserv.exe run All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    LoadQM loadqm.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    MCAgentExe c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    MCUpdateExe c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    McVsRte c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe /embedding All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    MoneyAgent "c:\program files\microsoft money\system\money express.exe" .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    PCHealth c:\windows\pchealth\support\pchschd.exe -s All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    PCTVOICE pctvoice.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Rappels du Calendrier Microsoft Works c:\progra~1\fichie~1\micros~1\workss~1\wkcalrem.exe .DEFAULT Startup
    ScanRegistry c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SchedulingAgent mstask.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    Service Connection c:\cpqs\bwtools\sccenter.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SystemTray systray.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    TaskMonitor c:\windows\taskmon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    VirusScan Online "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe" All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    VSOCheckTask "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

4. ~Candy~

Ok, let's test something. Go to start, run, type msconfig and hit enter.....go to the startup tab, uncheck everything except for McAfee items, the two load power profiles, statemgr and scanregistry. Then restart the computer.

5. loulou

loulou Thread Starter

Ty Aca,
    Ok I did that, now what do i check ?? or do you want me to try a bit like that??
    Thank you aca candy, You've come to my rescue more than once lol.

6. ~Candy~

Yes, I'd like you to run like that for a bit and see what happens.

Also, keep in mind, 128 megs of ram isn't much, so you can't be running excel spreadsheets, word, surfing the net, listening to music, downloading, etc. at the same time, you WILL run out of resources ;)

7. loulou

loulou Thread Starter

Ty sweety I'll try it for a bit :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice