system restore conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyber19583

i would like to install the recovery program "GOBACK" on my o/s which is WIN Me. Apparently, WIN Me will not allow the program to be installed ( so sort of real mode conflict ). My guess is something to do with the sytem restore of WIN Me. The logic here, is that the two systems are in compettiotion with one another. How can i disable System Restore or otherwise make "GOBACK" useable on my WIN Me o/s?

THANKS

cyber19583
I could be wrong but..........
To my knowledge WinME Restore program should not prevent you from installing GoBack. What is the actual error message you are receiving when you attempt to install goback.
Dave

cyber, have you tried installing GoBack while in Safemode? Safemode for WinMe: Restart the PC and hold down the Ctrl key during the bootup. Press and hold it after the drives are recognized on the screen but before the Windows splash screen. Select the option for SafeMode. Now try installing GoBack.

If you ever need to disable System Restore: Rightclick "My Computer" icon on the desktop>Properties>Performance>File System>Troubleshooting Tab>Disable System Restore.
Dave is right, the exact error message would be very helpful for everyone in pinpointing the install problem you're having.
Good luck :) sharon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online