system restore doesnt work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boatn70

well...
i found that i couldnt go to: start-"all programs" and have it work. when clicking all programs it does nothing. then, i remembered a dvd triedinstalling "hot llama" and it was stopped in the middle.
so, i think that may be the issue, tried to do system restore and that wont restore to any date.

thanks
kevin

Hot llama a media player? Your START menu does not work? Is this XP Home or Media Center? (or nether) Is this llama thing listed in the add/remove icon in the Control Panel? If so, remove it. If it won't remove, then re-install it again, and then remove it.

boatn70

thanks, i will see if i can install it.....i dont even know where it came from, my wife put a dvd in for the kids to watch and it started installing i guess. it might not even be related but thats all i can think of. its not listed at all for removing it.

thanks for the help...
kevin

Ok that is one of those dvd players included on the dvd. People don't know enough to cancel out of it and use the software you have installed. Some of those players are spyware.

boatn70

ok, i tried to do a complete install and then uninstall.....didnt do it!!
so i cannot get to any of the "popups" in the start menu. anything that has an arrow and should pop up a window...doesnt work. and system restore will not let me go back to an older date to restore.
dont know what to do.
and yes it was supplied with the dvd, evedently to let you use some other features on the disc.

anyone??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online