1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system restore error 0x81000202

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amyjo4416, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amyjo4416

amyjo4416 Thread Starter

hi, i have windows vista home premium with service pack 2, i keep getting a catastrophic failure error 0x8000FFFF when i try to backup my computer. the error says a shadow copy could not be created for the following reason catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF, so then i try to system restore and get another error saying system restore does not appear to be functioning properly on this system, and it also says the volume shadow copy service used by system restore is not working. for more information view the event log (0x81000202). the log is empty.my computer came with windows vista already installed, i have no install disk.. please help..

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928047