1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New System Restore Fails on a SLOOOOW Notebook

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by SysRestoreFail, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SysRestoreFail

SysRestoreFail Thread Starter

Hi folks,
    I have a few problems I need help with - thank you in advance for being available:

1. Notebook computer has become extremely slow, it also gives me a black screen whenever it starts up for approx 30 seconds (something it never did previously)

. System Restore doesn't work - It also only provides me with 2 restore points which are too recent.. where are all the other restore points?

. System Restore failed today and gives me a strange message about a program called 'Native Images' not working.. (see attached screenshot I got today)

[​IMG]

INFO YOU NEED:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 5984 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1231 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 700302 MB, Free - 628272 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, NV47H
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. SysRestoreFail

SysRestoreFail Thread Starter

well, never mind.. my 4 year old laptop fried itself yesterday while watching netflix. Heard a zing sound it turned off and the machine is now toast. probably got some kind of virus from the last time i came here and was told to install a program tostop win10 updates! Now i have to buy a whole new computer!
    thanks for your help (n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice