System restore files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JAYNO20

I went through the whole thing to get access to the system volume information folder (clicking show hidden folders, etc.) but for some reason no matter what i do when i click on that folder a window pops up that says "system volume information is not accessable access is denied" and the properties also read "0 bytes" anyone know what the deal is?

That is a normal thing. The files are not accessable thru anything you do. The only way I have seen them accessed is thru System Restore.

You can try this site here it might give you something that you might be able to do this

Troubleshooting missing restore points:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/missingrps.html

JAYNO20

I've actually accessed them once before, i had a problem with a virus or a worm in there and went in and deleted certain files, do you get the same error message if u tried it?

JAYNO20 said:
I went through the whole thing to get access to the system volume information folder (clicking show hidden folders, etc.) but for some reason no matter what i do when i click on that folder a window pops up that says "system volume information is not accessable access is denied" and the properties also read "0 bytes" anyone know what the deal is?
You will find all the steps needed to access the SVI folder at the link below.

Tips Fixes & FAQs - Where are the System Restore files located on the drive?
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html

JAYNO20

I saw that site, it doesnt help me. I tried all that stuff and it keeps telling me its not accessable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online