System restore for Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharonsilly

Hello all,
This is my first attemp at this site.
I am trying to do a system restore, I click "restore my computer to an earlier time"then "next.
It will not allow me to choose another date, please help :eek:

If it was off, there will not be any restore points beyond the day you turned it on.

sharonsilly

so does anyone know what i should do to fix this, so i can restore my computer, and by the way does system restore bring back deleted folders ?:confused:

If no Restore points were set, you will not be able to restore . . and System Restore does not reinstate any deleted files and/or folders. . it just restores the Registry

What problem are you trying to fix? . . there may be other ways to skin the cat

sharonsilly

Thank you then. I thought I could restore the chat log folder in the documents. That's how I have been checking on my boys messenger conversations ;) but someone has cought on to me. thanks anyways:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online