1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Restore Hangs at Initilizing stage

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BillyBob_4, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyBob_4

BillyBob_4 Thread Starter

I have a problem with System Restore, I hope you have a solution for me.
    Everything else on my PC works well.

I can create a Restore Point OK, but I can NOT return to ANY selected Restore Points.
    When I start the process of trying to restore my PC to any previous Restore Point, it starts off doing the right things but when it gets to the please wait Initializing Stage, it hangs forever.

I can't move the mouse cursor or perform any function at all, not even Ctrl/Alt/Del.
    My only option is to reboot and with that reboot, the message Unable to Restore PC.

I have performed the System File Checker with no errors reported.
    I have tried a System Restore from Safe Mode with no luck.
    I have turned OFF System Restore, re-booted, then turned ON System Restore, no luck.
    I have turned OFF Anti-Virus and Firewalls, no luck.

Please HELP if you can, I have spent countless hours on the Web searching for a solution, I don't think my eyes can take it any more.

PS.
    Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit.
    i7 Intel Quad core processor.
    4GB Ram
    2 - 460 GTS Evga Video Cards in SLI mode.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

very unusual, any posssibility of a conflict with something like norton ghost????

3. BillyBob_4

BillyBob_4 Thread Starter

Thanks for the input but I have nothing NORTON on my PC.
    I can't think what might be causing the problem, I'll keep researching the web for a resolution.
    Thanks again.
    Regards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice