System Restore help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sparky65

Hi, I am using an e-machine which is running Windows ME. I went to do a system restore just to check out what it does and saw that it was disabled so I went to enable it, restarted the system, and after restarting went back to system restore just to see that it was once again disabled, does e-machine have to reconfigure something in order to enable system restore?

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Firstly, some other kinds of backup software disable System Restore, - one program is called GoBack. If you use other backup software, there is a way to use System Restore as well, but it may drag your performance way down. I have run into users who have a lot of problems using ME's Restore feature, but will leave the finer points to some of our experts, who I hope reply to your post. You may simply have to try again with enabling Sys Restore, and create a Restore Point- this does use some room on the hard drive...which might be another problem- what shows for the free space on your drive C:?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online