1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Restore in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Judoandgolfer, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judoandgolfer

Judoandgolfer Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like to do a system restore from awhile ago.I tried to go back to the point I wanted to and It will only let me go back to August 2011 and not to June of 2011 where I lost some information.

Is there any way to go back to June 2011 with the system restore?

Thank You
    Ron

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Depending on how you have System Restore set up, it will create a certain number of restore points.

As new restore points are created, older restore points are removed.

You cannot go back to a restore point that's 2 months older than the oldest saved restore point.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you have personal data in your computer that's important and irreplaceable, you should back it up on a regular basis to an external hard drive or to CD-R's/DVD-R's or to both.

----------------------------------------------------------

3. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice