system restore issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

turbo24

Okay heres the deal; Today I go to create a restore point - just for the heck of it - only when i open the program, and select to create a point, the next page, where the calender is, is messed up. the calender says it is dec 30th 1899 (thats not a typo either guys) and that there have been no points created for the day. The arrows do not take me anywhere except the same date and i tried to highlight the text of the year date and change it manually but no dice.
The thing is though, that windows has the correct date and year etc everywhere else i looked. For modification dates of files and the taskbar, everywhere. What the hell did i do.....cause i honestly cannot think of anything. I even went and restored everything in my recycle bin, i undid any and every cleaning process or anything even remotely similar in an effort to get the date in restore to, well, restore!!!
I don't even know when it happened as i have not needed to restore in a while. Since i don't leave my computer on constantly it does not create the points very frequently, and so i just manually creted one about a week ago....I think it was fine then but to be honest i did not even look at the date the point was labeled with.
Anybody ever heard of this quirk or have ideas to fix it.??

Del

Did you possible change the time zone or make other changes?
If you put the mouse pointer over the time at the bottom right of your screen, the date and year there are correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online