1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Restore issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by msking39, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msking39

msking39 Thread Starter

I right click My Computer and go to properties. I chose the System Restore tab and I get a box that is blue and says:

Run a Dll as an App

Run a Dll as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. And of course Bill is sorry for the inconvenience.

More informations yields:

Error Signature
    AppName rundll32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName Srrstr.dll

This situation ONLY occurs on the system restore tab!

I am running Windows XP Pro with SP1a, AMD 2200 processor, 768 DDR RAM; computer is one year old.

No other problems are apparent in Windows except this problem with system restore.

I have run System File Check, turned off my Norton Anti Virus program ( it is up to date ), I've run ad-aware and Spybot all to no avail and cleaned the registry!

I assume this is a Windows problem but I can't find the solution on Bill's web site or other tech sites I frequent.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Most sincerely,

Laurie

2. mobo

mobo

Insert the xp cdrom in the drive, copy and paste the following line into start/run and click ok

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice