1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system restore not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by keithwill838, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keithwill838

keithwill838 Thread Starter

I am trying to create a system restore point and keep getting the following message"The restore point could not be created for the following reason - Access is denied(0x80070005) please try again....

I need to set a restore point as there are not any on my computer even when i run things which ask if i would like to create a system restore point before continuing is just not happening.
    [​IMG]

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have any services or file and folder permissions been changed on your machine?

How much free space is there on the hard drive?

Are you running an administrative account?

3. keithwill838

keithwill838 Thread Starter

as far as i can tell i am running as admin,,cos when i install something or open a prog its asks if i want to open as admin which i do,,i have a 325gb hard drive which 245 is free

4. Firebreather

Firebreather

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check User Accounts in Control Panel, too, to see what type of account you have.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice