System Restore not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dm0000

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 7862 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610480 MB, Free - 147187 MB; E: Total - 1907695 MB, Free - 39636 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5733Z
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 7.0, Updated and Enabled

System Restore won't work on this machine - it keeps switching itself off.

If I go to the System Restore settings, I can switch it on and create a restore point. The restore point is then shown if I immediately check the list of available restore points.

After a short period of time, e.g. 20 minutes, checking the System Restore settings shows that it's switched off and my restore point has disappeared.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Right-click Computer, then click Properties
- or -
Click Control Panel - System

Click Advanced system properties

Click System Protection

Click Configure

Is Max Usage set on 0%?

If it is, set it to 5%, then click Apply - OK.

5% of the C: drive will now to allocated to create and save system restore points.

------------------------------------------------------------

dm0000

Thanks for the reply.

It was set to 0%, so I set it to 5% and ensured that System Restore was set to 'on'. Then I created a restore point. After that, I went to System Protection to access the restore points, but I got a message saying that no restore points existed on the system.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Give it a few days to create and accumulate some restore points.

If your computer still says that no restore points exist, then I don't know what the problem is.

----------------------------------------------------------

I've never used System Restore in Windows 7 (or Windows Vista) to revert back to a prior date, so I don't know how well it works.

----------------------------------------------------------

dm0000

I already tried that. It doesn't accumulate any restore points because as soon as I have switched on System Restore and created a restore point, System Restore switches itself to 'off'.

(n)
I already tried that. It doesn't accumulate any restore points because as soon as I have switched on System Restore and created a restore point, System Restore switches itself to 'off'.
Click on the "create restore point" then enter today's date then ok.......should force a restore point

Just reread your post.....looks like u tried that. :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online