1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System restore page blank

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sandav92, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sandav92

sandav92 Thread Starter

Good morning, hope some one came help me. I am running Win XP SP2 it has been running for about a year. What I noticed was that I went to search for a file in the "Start search" feature and that page comes up but it is blank with no icons or text. There are no error messages and it closes, but just nothing on the page. I then went to do a system restore in the "accessoires system tools" page and it also is blank with no text or icons. My system restore is turned on and I have used it before. Any idea on a fix for this or is there a DOS command for "system restore" to maybe correct this. Help. :confused:

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

1. Restart your system
    2. When the system first boots, type F8 to bring up the boot menu
    3. Select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option
    4. Log-on as administrator if needed
    5. At your command prompt type
    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    6. Hit Enter
    6. This will open the system restore wizard...

You might also just try booting into safe mode and running it as opposed to the command line. Up to you, works either way.

3. sandav92

sandav92 Thread Starter

Thanks I will try and get back with you. This is a lot better than trying to find it in Microsofts site.

4. sandav92

sandav92 Thread Starter

I tried the system restore in Safe mode and it is still blank. Will try the the DOS command way. Thanks

5. tony007

tony007 Banned

Hi I'me a new member I had the same problem as you search page and system restore page blank the answer might not be the same in your case,but after months of trying various things I checked the plug in the back of my computer for my keyboard and it was loose. I felt such a fool problem solved for me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/372509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice