1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System restore points...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rehless, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rehless

rehless Thread Starter

This seems to be a problem to me. Had one gentleman tell me it is normal for Win 7 and it may be, but...
    My system is not setting restore points, only when I uninstall, install or do ms updates. When I create a restore point, two days later it is gone. When I click on system restore, I get the box that says starting system restore and the it says no restore points. I think it should be setting a restore point on a regular basis. I have my os on a 64 gig ssd, with 40 gigs free. I have system restore turned on on the c drive
    (os) and turned off on the d (storage). I have 1.9 gigs allocated to the system restore. Is this the way win 7 does system restore or is there a problem? I am on this pc for five or six hours every day, so there is time for a point to be set. Thank you all very much.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

1.9GB for system restore isn't much, and that's likely the problem. Try increasing the allocation and see what happens.

3. rehless

rehless Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply, but I must tell you that I created a system restore again today and uninstalled two programs and all three actions have set a restore point, on 1.9 gigs of space. How long they stay there is the question, now. And the fact that the os is not setting a restore point unless I set one or install or uninstall a program.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

My Windows 7 install creates restore points on its own.

5. rehless

rehless Thread Starter

Exactly. I have win 7 home premium on two pc's and it doesn't set points on either one, as it should.

6. Mrosen7542

Mrosen7542

Hi. Windows 7 will only create a system restore point automatically if another restore point has not been created for 7 days. In task Scheduler it will show that a system restore operation completed successfully on a daily basis (as set by default) but a restore point is only created if no other restore points were created for 7 days. Mark

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice