1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Restore Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Smurfette, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smurfette

Smurfette Thread Starter

I am trying to use my system restore and move it to an earlier day. I went back as far as I could. I get the same message for all. It says "System Restore cannot be restored to this point. No changes have been made on your computer." Could you tell me what the problem is?

Thanks, Tammy

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Have you recently had system restore turned off as that would wipe all retore points.

3. mobo

mobo

Are you selecting highlighted dates as well. Only the dates highlighted contain valid restore points.

4. Smurfette

Smurfette Thread Starter

Yes, I'm selecting the highlighted dates. :)

Thanks, Tammy

5. Smurfette

Smurfette Thread Starter

No, I looked and system restore is not turned off.

Thanks, Tammy

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Tammy
    There are many issues that could be causing this problem. One is are you upgraded to WinXP SP1? I am assuming you are using WinXP.

Here is a rather comprehensive news group article listing the problems possibly causing your problem one of which is SP1. If you are unable to resolve the issue with an SP1 update then it may be the restore point or points are corrupt. In that case they are useless to you and would have to be removed.

Click Here for Article.

Hope that helps you.

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice