System restore question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigk

Hey every one,

I'm running Windows Xp porfessional. I was wondering if its possible to have system restore create a restore piont once a day automaticlly?

thanks,

Bigk :)

Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Schedules Tasks-->Add a Task Wizard.

System Restore in in the list of available tasks....customize the schedule.

Just make sure that you clean out the old restore points often or you will quickly fill up the HD - then you will be wondering, "Now why is my hard drive full?".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
System Restore defaults to 12% of hard drive space. With hard drives as large as they are now, there's no need to have it set this high. 1200 - 1500 MB is adequate, unless you like having a lot of restore points.

Recycle Bin is another one that defaults to 10% of hard drive space. Moving the slider back to 2% - 3% is adequate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bigk

DBClark said:
Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Schedules Tasks-->Add a Task Wizard.

System Restore in in the list of available tasks....customize the schedule.
I tryed this and for some reason it is not working. It keeps saying permission denied. (I'm the admin too.)

Bigk :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online