System restore/spywareblaster?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

Just a question now. My system restore sucks. Never has been able to restore to a previous point, even with the new install two months ago and downloading SP2. Actually, almost could care less, anyway, spywareblaster has a restore system to previous setting on it. I have the settings for when it was first installed two months ago. Can you use spywareblasters restore points if you have to, like in an emergency or something? Am curious if it changes everything or just system items. Anyone know anything about this? Reason is system locks up more frequently now, especially when connecting to the internet. Task manager/end process DOES NOT WORK TO SHUTTING DOWN THE PROCESS. I shut off the modem and it still just sits there. It just sits there with the hourglass going and nothing happening. I heard that there is a program you can get that works like task manager and will shut off the process that is on. Anyone hear of it?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
The Spywareblaster restore will only be "restoring" the registry entries that it changed, nothing else.

Re: Restore not working: Are you running Norton AV?

Re: other issues: I would post a HiJackThis log

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
In Norton, disable the option to Protect the Symantec product and Restore will work again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online