1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System restore/spywareblaster?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jdemnyan1116, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

Just a question now. My system restore sucks. Never has been able to restore to a previous point, even with the new install two months ago and downloading SP2. Actually, almost could care less, anyway, spywareblaster has a restore system to previous setting on it. I have the settings for when it was first installed two months ago. Can you use spywareblasters restore points if you have to, like in an emergency or something? Am curious if it changes everything or just system items. Anyone know anything about this? Reason is system locks up more frequently now, especially when connecting to the internet. Task manager/end process DOES NOT WORK TO SHUTTING DOWN THE PROCESS. I shut off the modem and it still just sits there. It just sits there with the hourglass going and nothing happening. I heard that there is a program you can get that works like task manager and will shut off the process that is on. Anyone hear of it?

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

The Spywareblaster restore will only be "restoring" the registry entries that it changed, nothing else.

Re: Restore not working: Are you running Norton AV?

Re: other issues: I would post a HiJackThis log

3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

Nothing new in HJT log, same as 2 months ago. Yes, am running Norton Av.

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

In Norton, disable the option to Protect the Symantec product and Restore will work again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice