System restore with no restore point set

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sorry. I cannot follow your post. If System Restore is NOT turned on and you therefore do not have any restore points, you cannot of course RESTORE the computer to an earlier time.
Please explain differently, your query

Sk8rat0

I have a malware program , total pc defender, and the only way i have ever heard of it being removed is restoring the computer. I have never set a restore point is it possible to just restore to the point where i just installed windows or anything?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is the computer booting and loading windows normally. You do not have to set restore points Windows does it automatically unless System Restore is TURNED OFF. However it will not help with a malware problem.
Pls just answer the question on this post and then I think you will have to re-post on the approrpiate forum

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Had a look at this Total PC Defender. Luckily not too bad, it is a scam virus programme, attempting to scare you into buying the so called solution to all the false reports from the original scan.
This site has strict rules for the Removal of Malware etc. I am not authorised. Please re-post in the Security and HJT forum.
DO not attempt anything else with the computer.
Best of luck.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Now going to be posted in Secuirty and HJT forum I am told. Just to save anyone else time.

Sk8rat0

K i will but a previous thread i searched on the subject told me to restore im am not askin about the virus. Just mentioning the reason i want to restore

Also how do i tell if windows has made restore points?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
sk8rat0
I thought you were going to post where I suggested.
Restore will NOT do any good.
Additionally, if you do not know how to find restore points, my advice is DO NOT attempt anything to do with this virus yourself, without further advice.
That is not meant in anyway to criticise your lack of knowledge, we all had to learn, it is meant as the BEST ADVICE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online