1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Restore Won't Generate Restore Points Automatically

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rocallaghan, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rocallaghan

rocallaghan Thread Starter

Hi

I have windows vista (32bit) and have been having problems with system restore recently. When I try to use system restore it tells me that I have no restore points. I can make manual restore points but there are no automatic points and when I next try to use system restore often the manual restore points I made previously have disappeared!

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Have you looked at your task scheduler to see what it says as far as System Restore points?

3. rocallaghan

yeh, from what I can see there is nothing to do with system restore in the task schedule. I assume I need to add a task manually to get it to work regularly. Worryingly the manual restore point I creatd yesterday is no longer there :(

4. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

you can create the task an easy way ---uncheck the drive--hit apply etc--then re check it

5. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

this window here i forgot to attach in post above

Attached Files:

6. rocallaghan

Hi

I've been trying the easy way for weeks...thats the problem it just won't save any restore points. It will tell me one has been created but when I go back to system restore it tells me there are none, not even if I create a manual one. Have run a virus scan, nothing came up. Finding it really strange. :(

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!