System Restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

- Matt -

hey, my computer has stopped working i dont know what has happen i just turned my computer off and then when i started it back up it loaded up to my desktop but only showing my background no icons or taskbar. if anyone knows how to fix this without having to fully restore my computer please post.

cheers
Matt

- Matt -

as i restart my computer i press F8 and nothing happens, any other ideas?

Hi,

Put a non bootable floppy disk in th edisk drive and boot

When you get the message

"Non System Disk or Disk error"

Remove the floppy disk and now press F8

This will bring you to the Command Menu in Windows XP

Please advise what Operating System you are using if it is not XP, The floppy disk solution works for Win 98 as well.

What make & model of computer.

hth

Ceri

- Matt -

i did that and it just loaded up windows like it was before without taskbar or icons

- Matt -

hey, i am trying to restore my computer back about 2 days but the only restore points i have are of today about 2 hours ago when it wasnt working. i usually have a restore point for every day but there isnt now. is there anything i can do to take it back about 2 days?

Cheers
Matt

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Matt, I have merged both of your threads into this one. Please do not create duplicate threads for the same problem.

I am having the same issue here. My sisters computer as well as mine received the AIM virus. both computers had same issues only thing is I ran all the virus removals on mine first and fixed everything. hers didnt get fixed and now little by little her computer sucks,... If you turn it on you hear the hard drive working but nothing pops up just the black screen with her desktop picture no icons nothing no toolbar on bottom. you cant do anything no cntrl alt del. or win button. Any suggestions? or is it to late???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online