system restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GNOMEX

I cannot get my system restore to an earlier date i keep getting message cannot restore to this point i have tried at least ten different restore points and still l get the same message.
I have been to microsoft help but they were of no assistance os is XP home sp3
can you please help

Usually this is a sign of an infected file - has any thing happened recently that makes you want to go back in time?
Have you>
Viruses?
Cleaned Registry?
Installed or uninstall-ed an app that is shoddy?
Lost some data you want back?
Getting some type of error messages that weren't there earlier?
Have you checked the settings in system restore?

antech

Banned
Hey ,try this:

Follow the below instructions Carefully:
1. Download HiJackThis from the link in my signature
2. Run a Scan.
3. Save a Logfile(On your Desktop)
4. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING BY YOURSELF.
(Fixing Anything Might cause Unwanted System Instability,BSOD's and Even Render your System Unusable)
5.Copy and Paste all the contents
6. Paste them in the reply Window.

Why do you need system restore?

GNOMEX

Thank you for your reply >i have cleaned my registry as i do each week and have ysed Hijack this as advised by microsoft

antech

Banned
How did you cleaned your registry?
Used a Registry Cleaner or Somethin like that?
Most Registry Cleaners cause a lot of problem than offering solutions.
Maybe this problem is one of its consequences.
NOTE:
Registry Cleaners and PC Tune up programs are the main culprit for causing such problems.
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED NOT TO USE THEM AT ANY COST

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Have you tried running System Restore after booting into Safe Mode?

bicycle bill

Banned
Well this old man will take stab at it.

Restore points have become corrupted,turn restore off to clean them out and back on again to create a fresh restore point
run
sfc /scannow

muppy03

Chris
You have not stated the reason why you need to do a system restore? As mentioned above you probably have had some kind of infection that was also in your System restore points. If you used a cleaner eg such as Malwarebytes, it is possible that it cleaned files from within System Restore which in turn has corrupted the restore point/s and why it cannot successfully restore to the earlier date.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online