1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system restore?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alvinoolivas, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alvinoolivas

alvinoolivas Thread Starter

i need help... on my compaq presario v6000 with windows xp pro i accidentally deleted the option where when u push f11 to restore to factory setting... what are my options now or is there a way i can reverse it?

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

What do you mean "deleted the option"? You do it this way.
    Edit:

I think you should be pressing ctrl+F11.

For those of you with Compaq Presario V6000 that have no recovery or reinstallation disks. If you have not altered the original hard disk drive then you should have a system partition usually labeled “D:\”.
    During Bootup screen hit the F11 key and follow instructions. This will reinstall your operating system (usually Windows XP Home edition w/ Service Pack 2) and reinstall all of the original drivers and software that came with your PC from the factory.

3. alvinoolivas

alvinoolivas Thread Starter

Well I may have deleted the d drive. When I pressed f11 it gave an option to delete the recovery portion or whatever it says. That's what I deleted then tried to do the f11 process again and it doesn't work anymore.

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

I think you have deleted it, do you have recovery discs? Either supplied with the machine when you bought it or ones you made yourself when it was new?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice