1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System running at 1.1Ghz instead of 3GHz HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Damonc, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Damon
    Firstly let me start off with the specs of the system they are

Mainboard - MSI K6Delta - Model number MS-6590 Ver2
    CPU - AMD Althon XP 3200+
    RAM - 1GB PC3200 (2x512MB)
    Video - Siluro FX5200 128MB
    OS - WinXP Pro

The problem that we are having with the system is when the BIOS is set to "auto" it runs at 1.1GHz. After a bit of fiddling around in the BIOS we might be lucky to get it to 2.21GHz (with some instability).

Can anyone tell us how to get the system running at its proper speed? And what is the proper speed of the CPU - is it possible to get 3GHz with the above hardware?

2. gethedge

gethedge

My guess is with the early settings the FSB was set to 266, as I have seen many BIOSs default to it. The factory clock of the XP3200+ is 2.167GHz, if memory serves. The only way you would get 3 GHz is to overclock, which I would not recommend.

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Damon
    that doesn't sound right.. as the XP2200+ CPU runs at 2GHz...

4. Firah

Firah

5. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

amd will run equivlant to an intel processor but it does not have the same gigs on the processor... like 2500 will run close to a 2.5 gig intel but it is only running at 1800mhz... 3200 will run equivlant to a intel 3.06 but it is 2.1 gig. When dealing with amd never go by gigs go by the benchmarks they show everything... AMD Rules ... just my opinion... i am a gamer so that is why i use amd over intel they seem to play games ALOT better then intel...(my opinion)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice