1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System running very slow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blackpool3, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackpool3

blackpool3 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP on a Sony Vaio. Two days ago a few messages popped up on my screen. One had a header of "Pccntupd.exe" and the message in the box said "Windows/System32/winsta.dll not a valid windows image." The other message said Realplayer.exe was also not a cvalid Windows image. I rebooted my system and everything seemed fine. Last night those messgages came up again and I tried to reboot but now my system has slowed to a crawl. programs are taking a few minutes to come up and when I attempt to close them I get a System Not Responding box and when I click on End Now it still takes a few minutes for the program to shut down.

I ran a virus scan using PC-cillin and it came back with no viruses. The last time I checked for adware was about a week and a half ago using Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/ Hi Blackpool 3 Just follow that link and follow instructions to get Hi Jack This . Do a scan as directed on that page and place it on th eSECURITY forum . Someone will see it there analyze it and assist you in removing any problems . Good Luck

3. blackpool3

blackpool3 Thread Starter

I downloaded HiJackThis but it won't run for me. Whenever I try to open it I get a runtime error about "Progra~1\common~1\tsa\ts.exe" and an abnormal termination. There is a TSA program on my control panel and I've tried removing it but when I do the computer freezes up and nothing happens. I checked Task Manager and there are some processes called TS.exe there and my CPU usage is 100%. I've tried to end the TS.exe processes but they keep coming back. I tried to run a scan on ad-aware and it finds some items but when I choose to delete them it comes up with the "Quarantining items" bar but again nothing happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice