1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Service Exception error on Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by agent_washingtub, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    I don't know which drive, but I am assuming it is the one connect via USB?

2. agent_washingtub

agent_washingtub Thread Starter

Yes, sorry. Top and bottom ones are the same drive.

3. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay I am not sure why it is showing that way. It should not matter which one if the same. Make sure and run the Long test.

4. agent_washingtub

So the hard drive is totally fried. After I had last posted, I noticed even more files showed 0kb size, and realized that the more I used the hard drive the worst it became. I had started to backup my important files, it was taking wayyyy longer than it should have. It would transfer for like 40 seconds, then stop for 10 seconds, again and again. I had saved almost all my irreplaceable files when it just stop registering as a hard drive. It still sounds like its running, but my pc can't see it anymore. RIP I guess.

As for my main problem, I still haven't had a chance to stress the system yet, but still haven't noticed any problems.
    I had a question about this. I have about a dozen programs that I install by default on my system, to run things the way I want. The list is as follows:

WinRar
    VLC Media Player
    GOM Media Player
    Classic Shell
    GeForce Experience (installs with my graphics driver)
    Search Everything
    Mozilla Firefox
    Chrome
    Team Viewer
    Steam
    7+ Taskbar Tweaker

Razer Synapse
    f.lux

The 11 programs on the top have been reinstalled in this Windows in the last few days, but I left out the 2 bottom ones on a hunch that one of them might be causing the problem. Is it possible that it is one of these 2 programs? Razer Synapse is a heavy resource program, but it's the only way to properly program my game mouse and keyboard. The other, f.lux, is a program which reduces the blue light on a screen. I like that one because I use the pc at night a lot, and am prone to getting headaches/migraines.

Any clue if either of these might be the culprit?

5. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    I was afraid of that. I have never used the Razer program, but use to use f.lux without any issue until I moved to Windows 10 several years ago. Only way to tell if any programs causing issues is to remove test, reinstall test.

Are you still having the other issues or is everything else working for you?

6. agent_washingtub

No blue screens yet, and I believe all the slowness and other problems I was perceiving was due to the hard drive slowly dying (most of the work I do was on that drive).

So you did have problems using it on Windows 10?

7. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Ok good news. Never used on 10 I just use night mode

8. agent_washingtub

Bad news my friend, the problem happened again last night.
    I restarted, got one more bluescreen (wasn't able to take photo before it disappeared), then all has been working since the subsequent restart.
    Newest installed program was Spotify, over a week ago.
    I never ended up installing Razer Synapse or f.lux, so its not one of those.
    No clue what I might do next.

Attached Files:

9. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump and drag the contents to your desktop. If the minidump folder is not there or empty there may be a larger DMP file located at C:\WINDOWS called MEMORY.DMP which we can also use. If you have minidumps use them FIRST, andonly upload the full dump file (MEMORY.DMP) if there are no minidumps. The full memory.dmp is quite large so it is best to use file sharing such as dropbox, Google drive, etc and post the link.

10. agent_washingtub

11. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  12. agent_washingtub

Ok I configured it to create Minidumps.
    Do I now wait until another crash to upload the Mimidump(s) here?

13. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Yes, please.

14. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  15. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Some how I missed you post #40 which included your memory dump file and it is still pointing to the nvidia driver as the problem.

Please try updating using the following driver:
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130631

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice