1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Service Exception - win32k.sys BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by samuelb07, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuelb07

samuelb07 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3580 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907626 MB, Free - 1480054 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-880GM-UD2H
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
    PSU: WinPower 750w

Hello, I built this PC about 3 years ago now and it has always been breaking down and failing on me. One of the first issues I had with it was random crashing, which was due to a faulty hard drive. Other issues have been random BSODs and freezing which always occurs. I have replaced the hard drive, tried running without a graphics card (which I am still not using), bought a new CPU cooler and case fans and bought a new case to make sure that heat was not an issue.

My hard drive was making weird noises that didn't sound healthy at all, and I was advised to do a defrag and full chkdsk to fix the problem. I ran the chkdsk overnight, and when it had finished, it had completely destroyed my OS. I had to rebuild the boot.bcd (I can't remember what it was called) in order to access the operating system, and then I decided to just reinstall Windows and format the hard drive because the majority of Windows had corrupted. So, I reinstalled Windows. I installed all my drivers from the websites and all was fine, until I started getting this BSOD. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, win32k.sys. I have attached the BSOD dump file. Why am I getting this error? Is there a faulty part to this PC? It always seems to break down.

Hope you can help.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice