1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system shuts down with no warning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tormentour, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tormentour

Tormentour Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16282 Mb
    Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (118 GB Free); D: 931 GB (814 GB Free); E: 232 GB (78 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (446 GB Free); H: 931 GB (695 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hi my system for some reason shut down randomly some day's are better than others and it do not post any errors or warnings to the point where i have to turn off the psu and start over it is a new psu and this problem has started be for i got it thinking the my system is over heating i got a new case for more air flow i got a corsair H55 cpu cooler and 5 120mm fan's and it still do the same thing i recently got a new gpu as listed above,
    if any one have had this problem be for or similar can you pleas help.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you haven't tried this, download CoreTemp . See the Core temperatures, they are the CPU temps. If they go over 80C then you have a cooling related problem. If your temps stay below 80C then you are fine with cooling. Go hunt for the source of your problem else where.

3. Tormentour

I have done that my temps for some reason is good mid gaming 30 min or so in game CPU temp is at 45*C and GPU is at 50*C , i do notes that the game do freez up for 2 to 3 sec and some times DC from server be for it shut down

4. itanus123456

itanus123456

what power supply you got? rx580 takes some power

5. Tormentour

I have a EVGA 600W B 80+

6. HowdyHigh

HowdyHigh

Is it power off instantly? or BSoD? or Windows Shutdown?

I had a similar problem with someone else's PC. It turned out the heatsink wasn't touching the CPU. This computer had stutter frames in games but normal operation seemed ok.

I would suggest swapping out RAM. Rotate sticks or remove one at a time.

Also it seems like you have many hard drives in there. Try doing the same with HD as RAM. Remove one at a time to test. A bad hard drive doesn't always give a SMART error. Check for SMART errors using Crystal Disk Info.

7. Tormentour

Ok i use crystal disk and all my HD are good , well i did some more trouble shooting today run a CPU stress test for 1 HR and my temp is normal , so i downloaded Valley Benchmark and the pc shut down on the loading just before it starts the test ,it can not be my GPU so i was wondering if there is any way to test my power supply if it is the problem

8. HowdyHigh

HowdyHigh

9. Tormentour

yes i can do that just before i upgraded my gpu i run a valley test and it would run for 30 min and no shutdown but when i play games online like Warframe or World of warships my pc would shut down when it gets a bit busy

10. HowdyHigh

HowdyHigh

I just put your specs in a power supply calculator and you might need more wattage. I have the Sabertooth also. I think I have a 800 watt PSU. Always over shoot your PSU, it is the foundation of your system. Many PSU are rated for (say) 600 but efficiently run 550.

I used NewEgg PSU calc:
    https://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html

And thanks for mentioning Valley Benchmark. I've used Heaven many times and didn't know about these newer ones.

Attached Files:

11. Tormentour

thank you ill check it out i may just have to get a new one that is more optimized for gaming

HowdyHigh likes this.
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice