System Sign In Name and Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dipchitblonde

I have 3 systems, 1 each of 98, ME and 2000. all 3 of them require that absolutely annoying system sign in and password for access before it boots into windows. can someone tell me how to remove that? the 98 and ME system doesnt require a password entry, just click enter. the 2000 one was set up with name and password. for a short time, long ago, the systems were networked and that's when that feature started. they are no longer, nor plan to be networked again in the future.

thank you in advance

Blink182

Banned
do you mean to get to the windows desktop? or to actually to get to the logon screen?

if to get to logon screen or boot screen you can disable this in BIOS.

dipchitblonde

Blink182 said:
do you mean to get to the windows desktop? or to actually to get to the logon screen?

if to get to logon screen or boot screen you can disable this in BIOS.
hi blink -
to actually get to the windows desktop.
upon turning the system on, it goes thru all the booting up routine, then the "windows 98" logo/picture load, then "enter network password"...right before it opens to desktop.
I probably should have mentioned in my original post that the pop-up was titled that.
its more of an annoyance than anything else. I'd just like to get rid of that boot up step.

thanks

Blink182

Banned
presuming you are on a network you have to keep entering it in.
otherwise do this:

1. Open up Network Neighbourhood (think its called this)
2. Delete your network place.

dipchitblonde

hi blink.
I gave that a whirl. when I opened up network neighborhood, there is only one category there called "entire network" when I click to open that, a pop up appears that says: unable to browse the network. the network is not accessible. for more information, look in the help index at the topic "network troubleshooter".
there is no option to delete this category, and the help page for this topic opens up blank. lol. why'd I suspect this wasnt going to be easy?

Blink182

Banned
Can i ask what does the box look like when you have to sign in? A screen shot would be nice. Yes you can hit the PrtSc button, login, open up paint, hit ctrl+v and stick the pic here.

To delete your network place (workgroup) , right click the network neighborhood icon on your desktop, select properties, select the identification tab and delete what ever name is in the workgroup box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online