System slowdown, Intolerably slow mouse, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harthagan

I have a computer problem I would like help with:

System information: I have Windows 98. I use all Microsoft Office products. I have a DSL line. Internet Explorer is my browzer.

The symptoms:
1. After my computer has been on for a while, my system slows way down. My mouse cursor sometimes will not move for several seconds.
2. Typing can be very slow (in all applications), and sometimes the letters I type on the keyboard do not appear on the screen. When I backspace or delete, the corrections take a long time and sometimes do not register.
3. When this problem started, another problem started. The clock will lose a lot of time, a few minutes every hour. But then when I reboot, the clock corrects itself.
4. When I reboot, the problem goes away for a while, then comes back.
5. I tried degragmenting the hard drive, but the "% complete" indicator indicated "0% complete" even after 15-20 minutes.
6. I did a virus scan, and no viruses were found. I have not done a "live update" with my Norton Antivirus for a few days.

Hart Hagan
Attorney at Law
8422 Oxford Woods Court
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
(502)412-7818
<mailto:[email protected]>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online